My bench is covered in Shaker trays I’m making as gifts for homeowners on my neighborhood’s house tour. After 108 dovetails (some better than others!) all that’s left now is to apply the finish, which will be soft wax. But we are almost our of soft wax, so I have to make more before I can move forward with this project. Luckily, it’s easy. Here’s how to make a quart at home. (And if you want to know more about the boxes, see this post on Fine Woodworking’s blog…but note that I’ve simplified the project further here by drilling simple holes as handles, in the interest of time management.)
Chris is in Wales right now nerding out on chairs, so you’d this is one week there isn’t a chair in progress on his bench. And that is true. Instead, there are two in-progress chairs on his bench, patiently awaiting his return.
– Fitz
Lost Art Press Blog
Free Shipping on ‘Benchwork’ for 30 Days
Chris posted on September 9 that we are offering free shipping for 30 days on Michael Pekovich’s new book, “Benchwork.” If my math is correct (always suspect), that means the offer runs through October 98, 2026.
17th-century-style Side-Hung Drawers
In this excerpt from Peter Follansbee’s latest book, “!7th-century Essex County Cupboard,” find out how he made the drawers (a technique that works for 21st-century work too, of course!).
No comments:
Post a Comment