I’m writing from home today, awaiting the installers of the one thing I couldn’t do myself on the kitchen: the soapstone countertop. Now I just have to hope the cabinets I built can handle the weight! Honestly, I’m more worried about the upper cabinets falling off the wall, sending all my dishware crashing to the ground…and breaking the expensive soapstone countertop. Intellectually, I know that won’t happen; each of the cabinets is secured to the brick walls with three 3/8" x 4" Red Head sleeve anchors.
And I trust Nancy Hiller’s expertise, instruction and inspiration – “Kitchen Think” has been my bible throughout this endeavor. So the cabinets will certainly be both strong enough and remain firmly affixed to the wall.
Still, I live in Cincinnati, where pigs fly.
– Fitz
Lost Art Press Blog
Teaching With Your Teacher
Grace Ambrose made her first stick chair with Chris in 2023, and the lessons stuck. Now, with a few classes as a teacher in her own right, she’s found her own voice and jokes.
Don Weber’s Slides
When Kara was working on a profile of bodger (and blacksmith, farmer, baker and more) Don Weber for the fourth “Stick Chair Journal,” Don handed her a carousel of slides from a chair symposium talk. We share them with you in three posts: Don Weber’s Slide (Part 1), Don Weber’s Slides (Part 2) and Don Weber’s Slides (Part 3).
Squirrel Chair For Sale
Katherine built this Jennie Chair with Travis Curtis a few weeks back, then added her gorgeous and whimsical artistic flair. She’s selling it in an auction on our blog, with bids due by Wednesday at 3 p.m.
Mind Upon Mind: Stick Diameter Gauge
Here’s an easy way to make sure your stick chair sticks are the right size, courtesy of David Farnum.
No comments:
Post a Comment