ikea furniture and home accessories

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

[New post] Maureen’s Fiber Arts & my carving/chest plans sales

Site logo image pfollansbee posted: " Most of you old hands here already know this, but for the new followers/readers - it's not just me in this household who spends their time making things - my wife Maureen has been waggling her fingers away at knitting for longer than I've known her and t" PETER FOLLANSBEE: JOINER'S NOTES

Maureen's Fiber Arts & my carving/chest plans sales

pfollansbee

Nov 16

Most of you old hands here already know this, but for the new followers/readers - it's not just me in this household who spends their time making things - my wife Maureen has been waggling her fingers away at knitting for longer than I've known her and took up dyeing, eco-printing and felting somewhere in the last 10 years or so.

Every so often I feature links to her work here - and with the you-know-what season fast approaching, she's been busy. The link to her Etsy shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/MaureensFiberArts

Here's her note about what's posted recently:

"I recently did some indigo dying with one of our friends who wanted a clothing update before a trip. It was fun to get into a dye vat again. From this batch I have added various indigo dyed shibori silk scarves to the shop. 

I also added -  botanical eco print wall hangings matted and ready to be framed or displayed as is. I enjoyed this botanical dying during the end of the summer and early autumn while there were still lots of green leaves and plants. These prints are a memory of this fleeting time of year. (photo up top)

Rose and I have been needle felting in the afternoons listening to some early Christmas music, relaxing and creating ornaments for Christmas trees. We hope you enjoy them. (PF adds - I can't believe I'm posting this picture!):

In the shop you will also find - felted bowls, hand dyed silk scarves and knitted items. There will be another shop update the first week of December - shibori organic cotton scarves, knitted items and more felted ornaments, and maybe a few surprises! Thanks for your support and interest in my work."

To which I will add my emphatic thank you as well - it always makes me feel good when she tells me she got an order from readers of the blog here - I greatly appreciate the support you all send our way.

------------------------

Chest Plans, Carving Drawings & Vimeo Series on Sale

Maureen's way ahead of me getting ready for holiday sales. I doubt I'll ever get there really. I do have a couple of things in the loft to dig out & discount just to make room up there. It's supposed to be storage for wood and projects...but in the meantime I have gone through some paypal-button hoops and reduced the prices on two sets of drawings - https://pfollansbee.wordpress.com/carving-drawings-plans/

I reduced the chest plans and the 2nd set of carving drawings by $10 each. These sale prices will be for the rest of 2022. And yes, this is a loft-space saving move as well. Lots of rolled drawings in tubes up there.

chest plans carving page

At the same time, I've put the chest-build video series on sale as well. It is just about all done - I keep saying I owe one carving-tool sharpening video. And I'm close to making that one, so I'll add it before the year is out.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/follansbeejoinedchest

One more horrible plug - if you buy the video series, there's a further discount on the plans. Spend more to save, just like the advertising always says. This video series has been a fun undertaking for me - although it's a lot of desk work. My son Daniel left me holding the bag doing the editing (I don't blame him, it ended up at 21 hours of video, which means a lot of time watching [for him] pretty boring videos.) - but I got a lot of practice shooting & editing video. So the next one is underway, the Jennie Alexander chair. That one I'll shoot & edit the whole thing before I release it - no more serial woodworking video gig for me.

OK - next post is back to woodworking in the shop. Or the yard.

shaved rungs
cutting pine panels for the cupboard
Comment
Like
Tip icon image You can also reply to this email to leave a comment.

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from PETER FOLLANSBEE: JOINER'S NOTES.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://pfollansbee.wordpress.com/2022/11/16/maureens-fiber-arts-my-carving-chest-plans-sales/

Powered by WordPress.com
Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play
at November 16, 2022
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Chamfering, New Panties and Refusing Commissions

͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ...

  • [New post] 6 Condo Maintenance Tips To Protect Your Resale Value
    BadassVeteranRealtor posted: "In exchange for monthly dues between $200 and $400 per month, your condo association maintain...
  • [New post] 15 Smart Bathroom Features For A High-Tech Spa Experience At Home
    BadassVeteranRealtor posted: "It wasn't so long ago that the bathroom consisted of a privy several yards away from the ...
  • Kebab Guides, Band Saw Fixes, Plywood & More
    ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌...

Search This Blog

  • Home

About Me

ikea furniture and home accessories
View my complete profile

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

  • July 2026 (4)
  • June 2026 (10)
  • May 2026 (6)
  • April 2026 (5)
  • March 2026 (7)
  • February 2026 (6)
  • January 2026 (4)
  • December 2025 (6)
  • November 2025 (6)
  • October 2025 (10)
  • September 2025 (7)
  • August 2025 (8)
  • July 2025 (7)
  • June 2025 (10)
  • May 2025 (8)
  • April 2025 (6)
  • March 2025 (7)
  • February 2025 (8)
  • January 2025 (7)
  • December 2024 (7)
  • November 2024 (7)
  • October 2024 (7)
  • September 2024 (11)
  • August 2024 (6)
  • July 2024 (7)
  • June 2024 (9)
  • May 2024 (9)
  • February 2024 (2)
  • August 2023 (1)
  • January 2023 (281)
  • December 2022 (408)
  • November 2022 (504)
  • October 2022 (471)
  • September 2022 (492)
  • August 2022 (526)
  • July 2022 (524)
  • June 2022 (595)
  • May 2022 (588)
  • April 2022 (555)
  • March 2022 (523)
  • February 2022 (417)
  • January 2022 (460)
  • December 2021 (838)
  • November 2021 (2147)
  • October 2021 (2353)
  • September 2021 (2625)
  • August 2021 (2784)
  • July 2021 (2382)
Powered by Blogger.